PDA

View Full Version : Problem Zooming...

MNsnowtaTy
2008-03-28, 04:15 PM
I'm currently working on converting some old AutoCad Details into Revit and I've just started a brand new detail. It only has one detail line on it at the moment, but I can't zoom in any way. I've tried the keyboard shortcuts, the wheel on my mouse, actually using the button up by the 3D buttons. I can't zoom in, zoom out, zoom to fit, zoom region.

Wait new development...I can only zoom in now when I select the detail line. Without it selected my zoom options are dead. Anyone know what might be going on?

MNsnowtaTy
2008-03-28, 04:45 PM
Must have just been Revit acting up or something. Not long after that problem I couldn't even get a number under a 100' while drawing a detail line. However, the problem seems to have fixed itself.

Anyone else have a problem like this or know what might have been happening?

patricks
2008-03-31, 12:21 PM
Revit always seems to do this in a drafting view containing only a single 2D line. It's like it doesn't have any frame of reference for zooming functions until you draw that second line. I guess maybe Revit does some kind of triangulation operations when zooming, and when only one line is present, there just isn't enough info.

It also does not display the line weight properly when only one line is present. Again you have to draw that second element to get the line weights to display properly.

Anyhow, I don't think it's a bug, or if it is, it's certainly not a big deal. I can't see anyone having or needing a drafting view with a single line and NOTHING else at all in the view.

MNsnowtaTy
2008-03-31, 07:07 PM
Yeah it's not a problem unless you draw your line zoomed out so far to start off with. Thanks for the info though.