PDA

View Full Version : Quickpen in Navis

gjeudevine
2008-04-01, 07:49 PM
My plumbing sub is posting to an ftp with his quickpen drawing. The GC is on me because my subs piping is only showing as a wireframe in the Navis model. Anybody have this problem, and know what I need to tel them?

OCD
2008-04-01, 08:54 PM
This link maybe of some use...LINK (http://forums.quickpen.com/showthread.php?t=937)

steve.perkio
2008-05-16, 12:29 AM
All,

What is the update on Quick Pen rendering in Navis?

I have a job that is posting in QP and I'm only getting wire frames.

I know that I can have the contractor post ,nwc's, but I would expect that we have an enabler of some sort on the horizon.

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Perk

steve.perkio
2008-05-16, 09:37 PM
OK, I have this fixed.
There seems to be a recurring issue with Quick Pen products not allowing multiple enablers to be installed, and they won't overwrite the existing enabler. The fix is to remove the existing enablers (only QP3D enablers) and then to install the newest version again.

Here are the directions from my recent experiences.

Download the viewer "PipeDesigner 3D Viewer 2008 v2.msi" either from the QP3D web site, or from your contractor that is using QP3D.

Close all programs (may not be necessary) open your control panel, and open "add remove programs".

Remove (uninstall) all Quick Pen enablers, then close and restart your computer (again, may not be necessary).

Install the "PipeDesigner 3D Viewer 2008 v2.msi" enabler by double clicking on it and following the prompts.

Open AutoCAD, then open Navis, and you should be set.

Perk