PDA

View Full Version : TEMP. DIMENSIONS

dsw98
2008-04-01, 09:25 PM
For some reason my temporary dimensions are not showing up in my windows or exterior walls. This is the first time i've had this problem. They do show up on my other walls. Any idea as to why?

dhurtubise
2008-04-01, 09:31 PM
look at the option bar for Activate dimension

cliff collins
2008-04-01, 09:31 PM
Check if "annotation crop" is on?
Maybe it is clipping temp. dimensions?
I have not seen this same problem......

cheers.....

dsw98
2008-04-01, 09:35 PM
look at the option bar for Activate dimension

Okay that worked, but why does it do that? I've never had to do that before?

dhurtubise
2008-04-01, 09:38 PM
i think that Revit makes the assumption that it's for better performance. What kind of video card do you have?

dsw98
2008-04-01, 09:40 PM
i think that Revit makes the assumption that it's for better performance. What kind of video card do you have?

Well i'm not sure,but i think it's NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT.

dhurtubise
2008-04-01, 09:40 PM
Might just be a matter of drivers.

DoTheBIM
2008-04-02, 11:47 AM
I get this when dealing with complex families. For example when I built my window family and included all kinds extra stuff and nested a few things and shared a family, etc. Then I noticed that temp dimensions didn't show up. Exactly what level of complexity was causing this behaviour? I never took the time to figure it out.

patricks
2008-04-02, 02:45 PM
From my experience, it seems like once the model passes a certain "point" in either size, complexity, or both, then temp. dimensions no longer show up automatically when selecting an object.

Now by default you have to hit Activate Dimensions if you select more than one object. But on some of our larger projects towards the end of CD's, you have to press Activate Dimensions EVERY time you select an object, no matter what. It can get pretty annoying sometimes.

But then the most annoying behavior of all is when you select an object, and there are no temp. dimensions, and there isn't even a button to activate them! I have no idea what causes this to happen, but it's extremely frustrating. Because then I have to place actual dimensions in the view to get it in the right place, and then delete said dimensions.

Norton_cad
2014-03-14, 02:45 AM
I'd thought this a visibility consistency with the visibility settings that caused this problem. A miss match caused this feature to occur. Intresting? I wonder what it is?

MikeJarosz
2014-03-14, 01:09 PM
From my experience, it seems like once the model passes a certain "point" in either size, complexity, or both, then temp. dimensions no longer show up automatically when selecting an object.

This has been my understanding also. It's like recalc in Excel. When it's on, Excel will recalc everything after every new entry, but after exceeding a certain size file, recalc becomes tedious. The difference between Revit and Excel is that Revit decides on its own when to turn off recalc.