PDA

View Full Version : (Copy of Post) Reference Line issues

Steve_Stafford
2003-07-25, 11:18 PM
While still a beginner in Revit, I would really appreciate a much more in depth explanation on the use of Reference Planes, particularly with regard to their use in complex roof design and solid modeling.

An example of this might have to do with the use of reference planes to control and modify multiple ridgelines on gable roofs, hip roofs, mono pitch and the like.

The Reference Planes Help Section, is very brief and insufficient to get to grips with the concepts and, practical application. I continue to struggle to find relevant and / or helpful information on this subject although I have monitored 3d faq.com (posting produced a nil result), RUGI, Zoog and the autodesk revit user group BB.

I hope I am not making an unreasonable request, but since this elementary tool seems to be a significant player in the creation of custom objects and families as well as instances and general editing across the board, a far better information base and tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Signed still struggling with Reference Planes,

trombe
NZ

This post deserves some attention outside of the thread where it was initially placed. So I've copied it here hoping "we" might pass along some insight to help him out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Jim B!