PDA

View Full Version : Any resolution to toposurface points and true elevation?

patricks
2008-04-03, 02:10 PM
Has there been any resolution made to editing toposurface points after a project has been relocated up to true elevation?

Say I create a toposurface from a CAD file and relocate the project so that finished floor is at 250 feet. I can change the contour labels to report shared coordinates, so they will report the correct 250 ft. contour line and those above and below that.

But when I try to edit the points of a graded region, the value of any point I select reports the project's coordinates relative to finished floor of the building. So the points along my 250 ft. contour report as 0'-0".

Things get even more complicated if the finished floor of the building is not an even foot value.

Should I create separate files for site and building (even though there is only one building), and link the site file into the building file (all documentation in the building file), and then link the building file back into the site file and do my graded region there? Is it possible to place contour labels on a toposurface that's linked from another file?