PDA

View Full Version : Topo Surfaces

Davied2
2004-09-03, 11:01 AM
Hi there

I have recently been given a survey in DWG format with around 300 levels on it. I have imported the DWG into Revit 6.1 and have used topo surface to created revit points on each of the underlaying AutoCad levels and have entered the correct absolute co-ordinated in revit.

Revit has indeed produced a 3D surface of the site - Great.

My question is this, one I have got rid of the imported DWG file and my revit site plan only shows the level points but not the height of the point. Is there a way in which Revit will display the height of each level automatically or do I have to enter the text manually in which case if the height of a point was to alter I would have to modify the point and also the level text.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards

The Welshman

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-03, 01:46 PM
On the SITE design bar tab, the command LABEL CONTOURS will identify the elevation each contour for you. You sketch a "line" that traverses all the contours you wish to label and Revit applies a label to each contour. If you later alter the topography by editing the points or using the GRADED REGION command, you can apply new labels.

Check out the tutorials to gain a little better insight.

Kroke
2004-09-03, 06:01 PM
On that note Steve...I did that on one of mine but the text was turned upside down for the contours. I couldn't seem to rotate the text, is there a way to do so?

tia

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-03, 06:15 PM
I don't believe you can change the default behavior, which is to align a label with the contours you cross over and orient them so the text is legible if you are walking "up" the site. This changes depending on your site, a hill with labels will show the text in a normal text convention as you walk up the hill from the south to North. But as you reach the summit and start back down the hill the labels are inverted.

Orienting contour labels this way might be a civil documentation convention? I don't know but it would be nice to define "always" horizontal or at least have similar "reading" convention variables as dimensions do?