PDA

View Full Version : Problem with linked file location

patricks
2008-04-03, 03:30 PM
I have a Revit MEP file linked into my file, and for some reason the Saved Path for that file will not update to the path where the file is saved on our server. The Local Alias shows the correct path, but the Saved Path still shows the path on the consultant's local server. It also seems like I have to reload the link every time I open the project.

I also have a structural file linked in, and it works just fine. There is no Local Alias listed, but the Saved Path is the correct location.

Any idea why my MEP Revit link is behaving this way?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-03, 03:38 PM
I have a Revit MEP file linked into my file, and for some reason the Saved Path for that file will not update to the path where the file is saved on our server. The Local Alias shows the correct path, but the Saved Path still shows the path on the consultant's local server. It also seems like I have to reload the link every time I open the project.

I also have a structural file linked in, and it works just fine. There is no Local Alias listed, but the Saved Path is the correct location.

Any idea why my MEP Revit link is behaving this way?

Patrick,

Is your linked Revit MEP file a local copy from a central file? I mean, if they sent you a local copy of their central file, the Saved Path will show the location of the central file and the Alias will show the location of the local file.

Andre Carvalho

david.kingham
2008-04-03, 04:21 PM
Yeah I just had the same problem, open up their file and save it as a central on your server

patricks
2008-04-03, 04:31 PM
Thanks, that got it.

I'm guessing the Structural file wasn't even in worksets since there were no problems with it.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-03, 04:32 PM
Thanks, that got it.

I'm guessing the Structural file wasn't even in worksets since there were no problems with it.

Or they've sent you their central file...

Andre Carvalho