PDA

View Full Version : Linework Tool Question???

thand
2008-04-04, 01:35 AM
Does anyone know how or is it even possible to use the linework tool on the internal wall layer lines?

So if you have a wall with multiple layers of materials GWB, Plywood sheathing, Stud furring, CMU, etc., and then you want to use the linework tool to hide or change the line weight of a line within the wall. I can't seem to get Revit to allow me to change the line for just that instance.

Is it even possible to use the linework tool in this situation?

I have been able to change the visibility graphics of the walls object style to have different line weights, but if I ever needed to hide a line for just one instance the linework tool doesn't work for me...

Thanks for any input on the matter....

Todd

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-04, 01:58 AM
Does anyone know how or is it even possible to use the linework tool on the internal wall layer lines?

So if you have a wall with multiple layers of materials GWB, Plywood sheathing, Stud furring, CMU, etc., and then you want to use the linework tool to hide or change the line weight of a line within the wall. I can't seem to get Revit to allow me to change the line for just that instance.

Is it even possible to use the linework tool in this situation?

I have been able to change the visibility graphics of the walls object style to have different line weights, but if I ever needed to hide a line for just one instance the linework tool doesn't work for me...

Thanks for any input on the matter....

Todd

Todd,

I don't think Linework will do what you want. Have you tried "Visibility / Graphics" > Override Host Layers > check Cut Line Styles > Edit ? It allows you to change line weights, color and line type for each wall layer. To make a wall layer disappear, change the color to white.

This override will work for all walls on that view, though.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-04-04, 01:23 PM
Visibility/Graphics or Object Styles (for project-wide) > Walls > Common Edges. That should be what you need to edit to change the line style, weight, color, etc. of those internal lines between layers. You can even turn them off in views if you want to, so that only the outer line shows (which I guess would be the same as changing the view to coarse).

thand
2008-04-04, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the responses. You have confirmed what I was starting to realize as not being possible. I have messed around with the visibility graphics and that helps.

So thank you for confirming that the linework tool cannot be used within the walls layers.

Todd