PDA

View Full Version : Annotation in groups

sfraney
2008-04-04, 01:15 PM
Hi guys, quick question, I haven't tried this recently but I will be setting up a project with multiple grouped rooms which will be identical to eachother. In regards to tagging, can tags be applied to one group and then populated automatically through the other groups. Any help would be much appreciated.:)

MNsnowtaTy
2008-04-04, 01:33 PM
I'm not 100% positive about this, because I haven't done it in a while. However, I am pretty sure that if you do say a room tag that it will bring that room tag to each you group. I'm not sure about some other tags though.

aaronrumple
2008-04-04, 01:39 PM
Sure. When you create the group, just select the deatil information as well. Revit will automatically create a model group and an attached detail group. You'll then have the option of having just the group or the group with detail. Select the group and you'll see a toolbar button "Place Detail". This brings up a dialog with different details that can be placed. If you want to create additional or new detail groups, edit the group and you'll see an attach detail button. This will let you select detail items for a new detail group.

(Note on the above: The room object will have to be part of the model group....)

sfraney
2008-04-04, 01:40 PM
That's my hunch too, won't know until i try a little later, it would be great if most or any tag types would automatically populate across groups. Thanks for the repsonse.