PDA

View Full Version : line weights in a title block

ssmith.124120
2008-04-04, 09:20 PM
I am setting up a title block and for some reason no matter what line weight I set the lines to they all look the same. I tried toggling with the “thin lines button” & I tried setting them to different line weights. I tried making a new line type but it does not show up in the list.

Can anyone help me with this one?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-04, 11:15 PM
I am setting up a title block and for some reason no matter what line weight I set the lines to they all look the same. I tried toggling with the “thin lines button” & I tried setting them to different line weights. I tried making a new line type but it does not show up in the list.

Can anyone help me with this one?

When editing the family, look at the Object Styles (Settings / Object Styles) and define the line weight there (If you created a new line, make sure you put it into the Titleblock subcategory. After you load it into the project, you have to verify the Object Style menu on the project too to see if the the line weight matches what you want. Even if you set the medium lines to line weight 6 at the family, if the object style for titleblocks line medium on the project is set to 1, it will show 1.

Andre Carvalho

Carlos GT
2008-04-04, 11:24 PM
Just go to Settings- "Object styles", you will find the dialogue box with the differents lines for the title block, if you want to change the line thickness for the wide lines for example, just change the "line weight projection" in the dialogue box from 2 to 4, 5, 6.... or 16 depending how thick you want it.

Good luck.

Carlos GT
2008-04-04, 11:26 PM
You beat me for 2 seconds Andre.....

ssmith.124120
2008-04-07, 02:08 PM
Thanks guys, problem solved.