PDA

View Full Version : Project Navigator

tarmbruster
2004-09-03, 07:13 PM
Has anyone started using this feature from ADT 2005 with ABS projects? I was curious how a strictly MEP project could be set up using projects? Would the architectural background drawing become a construct or element? Would you then draw all MEP object in a construct drawing and then annotate them in the view drawing?? Just curious to get some other opinions before I implement it in our office.

Thanks
Tom
A + E Group

swalkes
2004-09-23, 07:08 PM
We had taken some training with respect to the Project Navigator. Your description is correct, each discipline xrefs are constructs. The constructs are combined and can be placed as views and then brought into your drawings.

However, the project navigator doesn't work with a Novell Server so we can't use it.

tatriest
2005-02-27, 04:20 PM
Tom,

Have you successfully used the Project Navigator with ADT users and ABS users working in the same project folder?

We will also have Civil and Landscape users integrating into the project.

I think the biggest issue would be to map out:

--what entities go on the Construct drawings,
--what entities go on the Element drawings,
--etc.

This will need to be worked out for ALL disciplines.

For example, if we keep the Arch Floor Plan to walls doors and windows, it could be x-ref'd without the need to freeze a million layers so the other disciplines could use it.

Am I on the right track?

TIA, Terry

Revit MEP DR
2005-03-31, 04:36 AM
I am currently implementing this software for the company I work for. I have found that the Constructs should be broken down by groups. Arch, Mech, Plmb, Elec. With various systems under each. The Elements seams to mostly be an arch. feature. Think of it as being useful for a high rise building with a common elevator stack and adjoining bathrooms. The bathrooms would be the element that can be inserted on each floor. Then there is one file to change for the element and it is reflected across all the other files using that element. Views is a different creature all together. Think of it as when you want to combine different constructs other then just using a background. Say for your sections, or your RCP including Grills, lights, fire protection, ect... Then using your sheets to well make sheets. Feel free to ask if you need more details. I could spend hours on the topic as I recently thought a class in my office on it.

David Raynor