PDA

View Full Version : Arc and Circle smoothness- display resolution

mmiles
2008-04-07, 02:41 PM
Hi all,

I am building a family with circular shaped extrusions (solids and voids) - a plate set into the face of a door- and the edges of them are not smooth when zoomed into the area they are placed. In fact, you can see that it is really several small straight segments forming the arcs.

Is there a way to control the resolution for circles and arcs? Is this a view-scale issue?

T.I.A.

aaronrumple
2008-04-07, 02:53 PM
Hi all,

I am building a family with circular shaped extrusions (solids and voids) - a plate set into the face of a door- and the edges of them are not smooth when zoomed into the area they are placed. In fact, you can see that it is really several small straight segments forming the arcs.

Is there a way to control the resolution for circles and arcs? Is this a view-scale issue?

T.I.A.

There are no setings. This is typically only noticable on screen with very small radi. You won't notice anything on the plots....

mmiles
2008-04-07, 03:08 PM
yeah that's what I understood. I am just working out a small detail and I was getting confused with the non-aligning lines as I was selecting the various lines and objects. thanks.

mbuonocore
2010-01-14, 04:08 PM
There are no setings. This is typically only noticable on screen with very small radi. You won't notice anything on the plots....
I noticed it on my plots at 1-1/2" scale. Can the circle resolution be changed to plot smooth circles?

patricks
2010-01-14, 07:03 PM
I noticed it on my plots at 1-1/2" scale. Can the circle resolution be changed to plot smooth circles?

As Aaron posted above, there are no settings in Revit to change this.