PDA

View Full Version : Roof surface pattern

bob.86982
2008-04-07, 06:03 PM
Is there a way to have the roofing material surface pattern extend to the edges of the roof over the fascia so the top face of the fascia dosen't show?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-07, 06:16 PM
Is there a way to have the roofing material surface pattern extend to the edges of the roof over the fascia so the top face of the fascia dosen't show?

What if you create another roof (with a small thickness - like shingles) on top of the original one and extend it a little to cover the fascia's top edge?

Andre Carvalho

Chris.N
2008-04-07, 06:21 PM
or, can you change the offset so the reveal is minimized?

so far for sections, i have the fascia flipped inside the roof boundaries, but have yet to use a model for rendering...

ws
2008-04-07, 06:40 PM
If it's any help I do the double roof workaround on every job.

I also set the thin roofcovering 'Rafter cut' parameter to be 'Two Cut - square' and then set the 'Fascia Depth' parameter to be equal to the thin roof overall thickness.
This gives you a square edge to the thin roofcovering.

In fact I make the thin roofcovering to be slates and timber battens combined, as it gives a thicker edge in 1:50 elevations.

I copy the roof down, change it to a rafter only roof construction and edit the sketch to bring the 'rafters' a little inside the roofcovering.
If possible I leave this until all the roof openings have been created in the thin roof covering as then when you copy it down to make the rafter roof, all the openings are copied with it.

It has been mentioned in the forum before that the simplest solution to this problem would be to allow the roof layers to unlock in the way that wall layers can be unlocked - but maybe there are programming problems.. or maybe they just haven't had time to do it yet.

bob.86982
2008-04-07, 07:06 PM
Thanks all for the good ideas.

Bob