PDA

View Full Version : Display problems: Revit won't "zoom" past a certain point...

FWSchreck
2008-04-07, 10:15 PM
Hello:

We're experiencing some strange display issues on a project. With visibility set to all categories 'on', Revit will stop zooming in (in plan view) at a certain point.

Through trial and error, I've determined that the source of the problem is a (potentially corrupt) room entity. With rooms turned off, pan and zoom is normal. With rooms on, Revit has errors. Has anyone else experienced this?

Dwane Lindsey
2008-04-08, 01:51 PM
I had a customer that was running into a similar problem where once he zoomed to a certain point in plan; it would stop zooming in and start to pan. The source of the problem for him was the size of the crop region...it was huge...like a few thousand feet wide. Once I made the crop region smaller, then it zoomed perfectly fine. Not sure why the crop region was so large, but it didn't need to be.

brethomp
2008-04-08, 03:27 PM
This is caused by geometry far-far away from your building. Most commonly this is caused be messy DWGs that are imported, and have stuff scattered out in the middle of nowhere.

As Dwane suggests, cropping the view will help, but it is better to find this geometry and get rid of it, since it will cause other display issues in other views.

FWSchreck
2008-04-08, 03:50 PM
Why would pan and zoom function normally with rooms turned off, then go wrong with rooms turned on? Wouldn't that point to a corrupt room entity?

brethomp
2008-04-08, 03:55 PM
Yep, did you try a room schedule to see if there are any rouge rooms?

FWSchreck
2008-04-08, 04:50 PM
Yes, I did. There were no rooms with unusual areas.

This project is currently undergoing major redesign, with numerous design options. I've instructed the team to coordinate room separation lines with the many plan changes...

I've also audited the central file.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-08, 05:05 PM
Yes, I did. There were no rooms with unusual areas.

This project is currently undergoing major redesign, with numerous design options. I've instructed the team to coordinate room separation lines with the many plan changes...

I've also audited the central file.

Fred, when you turn off Rooms, the room tag disappear too. And then the problem is gone, isn't it? Have you tried to edit the room tag family to see if there's no invisible line(s) created far away from where the tag origin is? Opening the family and trying "Zoom All" you show if that's the problem or not.

Andre Carvalho

FWSchreck
2008-04-08, 09:36 PM
The problem has been resolved.

There was one room object in the model that was not properly enclosed. Deleting this room stopped the display errors.

Strange, I've never seen this before with rooms that were not properly enclosed.

adafchik
2009-10-01, 02:58 PM
I'm new to Revit and going through the tutorials I downloaded. I seem to have a similar problem, but don't yet know how to fix it. In the tutorials, I will zoom in or out and at some point, the zoom feature quits working and goes into pan mode. The only way to get back to zooming is to click the magifying glass button and zoom all (extents) in order to keep working regularly. It's very hard to find my model once I've "panned" out of it. Can someone please let me know how to fix this issue? (With detailed steps?) Thanks!