PDA

View Full Version : Can't get MEP file to display correctly

patricks
2008-04-08, 12:28 PM
I have an MEP Revit file linked in, but I can't get the mechanical equipment to show correctly on my roof plan.

The problem is that there are supply air ducts in the building ceiling, with arrows indicating airflow direction. These arrows are showing on my roof plan along with the roof-top equipment. I can't seem to turn off these arrows but keep the rooftop equipment showing.

Any ideas? Everything turns off if I turn off the Mechanical Equipment category.

*EDIT I checked the MEP file, selected the air supply register and opened the family, and the arrows are nested in the family and listed as Air Terminal Tags. So I went to my roof plan and tried turning off Air Terminal Tags in the linked MEP file, but they're still showing on the roof plan (the air terminals themselves are not showing, though).

patricks
2008-04-10, 05:14 PM
Well I fixed my roof plan by changing the view range.

Now on my site plan, I want the A/C condensing units outside the building to show, but not the air terminals and those arrows. I have the view range top and cut plane set very high in the site plan so that everything is visible (roof is turned off because of its large overhang), so I don't see how I can get rid of those air terminals in the site plan view, but keep the outside mechanical units to show.

Any ideas?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-11, 12:03 AM
Patrick, couldn't you link this MEP file into a blank project, bind it, add filters to the objects you don't want to see, turn then off and then link this new "corrected" file into yours?

Of course, if the MEP file is being produced by a team inside your office, you can just ask then to do that, but if not, the idea I just mentioned might help you...

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-04-11, 12:45 PM
I suppose I could, but they update the file pretty frequently, and I think that would get old having to re-make and bind the file over and over again.

Can filters be applied to linked Revit files?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-11, 01:54 PM
Well I fixed my roof plan by changing the view range.

Patrick,

I don't think you can filter objects from the linked file after it is linked...

Another option is to change the view range on the original MEP file (site view) and then after linking, you can control the view range of the linked file independently from the view range of the hosting file by changing the VG (Revit Links) to custom and choosing View Range: By linked view.

If you ask them to create a new view, you can use that view in their file to control how things will show on your file, and the file will always be updated.

Andre Carvalho