PDA

View Full Version : Moving Spot Elevation

lhanyok
2008-04-08, 12:48 PM
After I place a spot elevation how can I move it? I want to pull the head symbol off of the element that it's reading the elevation from. Sometimes I'm able to pull it off to the side, other times I can't - what am I missing here?

bpayne.126173
2008-04-08, 01:03 PM
Spot elevations must always be associated to the elements they are referencing. You can move it left to right as long as it is still attached to the element. If you want to pull it up, you must select and click the leader option from the options bar. Then it can move freely.

lhanyok
2008-04-08, 01:19 PM
Spot elevations must always be associated to the elements they are referencing. You can move it left to right as long as it is still attached to the element.

What do you mean by "attached to the element? This appears to be the part that I'm missing. See the attached jpg below. In the example on the left, I'm able to pull the spot elevation off of the landing it's measuring, but I'm not able to in a different stair pictured on the right.

bpayne.126173
2008-04-08, 01:23 PM
If you select the spot elevation on the right, is the "leader" box checked in the options bar? It looks like it is on the one on the left. If it is not, click it, and the see if you can move it then.

lhanyok
2008-04-08, 01:27 PM
The leader box is checked in both cases, and they are the same type of spot elevation.

pdickman
2008-04-08, 01:39 PM
Can you copy the stair to another file and post it? I tried, but I can't recreate your problem.

bpayne.126173
2008-04-08, 01:46 PM
I am also having problems reproducing it. Can you do a screenshot of the "type" parameters dialog box of that paticular spot elevation.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-08, 05:38 PM
You have to pay attention when adding the spot elevation. The second click is very important too. The first one will define the object you want to add the spot elevation to. The second click will define the position of the target symbol. If both click's are in the same place (or very close), even turning on leader will create it exactly where the spot elevation is, thus being almost impossible to select it and move it.

Andre Carvalho