PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to CAD, Files rotate to True North

wcaramella
2008-04-08, 05:09 PM
I am helping a project team in our office that is migrating into Revit after predesign. They are working on one building of four on the site. The other three buildings are being done by anotehr firm. In order to coordinate with the other firm and the developer, the other firm established a Point of Origin at one corner of the property. The team I am helping imported the DWG of the site with the Point of Origin. The site DWG is drawn to project North and does not have an UCS establisbed for True North (which is about 13 degrees off of Project North). The DWG imports orthogonally. The team then acquires the Point of Origin from the site DWG. They then go through the steps in Revit to establish True North. Here's the kicker, in a floor plan view set to Project North, when they export the Revit view to Cad to send back to the developer, the Cad file has the appropriate point of origin, but is rotated to True North. It appears that Cad or Revit is establishing the World UCS to True North and not exporting it to Project North.

I have not had this happen with of Revit projects where True North and Project North differ.
The Revit exports have always exported to Project North.

Thoughts?

Wcaramella