PDA

View Full Version : Revit Freezing

Kevin Janik
2008-04-08, 05:53 PM
I have had this happen a few times when working in sketch mode. Revit freezes and the design bar options grey out and act funny. You can still minimize Revit and the pulldowns still come drop down but the graphics area and design bar are frozen.

Go to the File pulldown and save the project. When you do that is seems to kick Revit and it comes back to either save or tell you it can not because it is in sketch mode.

If this is already in threads here, delete this.

Someone in our office yesterday had this problem and was going to kill Revit and it quickly fixed it. Actually this is the only crashing problem I have had in Revit 2008, it seems.

By the way, a Latvian lady in our office was asking me a question and noticed the AUGI name and said it means plan in Latvian.

Kevin

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-08, 06:30 PM
I have had this happen a few times when working in sketch mode. Revit freezes and the design bar options grey out and act funny. You can still minimize Revit and the pulldowns still come drop down but the graphics area and design bar are frozen.

Go to the File pulldown and save the project. When you do that is seems to kick Revit and it comes back to either save or tell you it can not because it is in sketch mode.

If this is already in threads here, delete this.

Someone in our office yesterday had this problem and was going to kill Revit and it quickly fixed it. Actually this is the only crashing problem I have had in Revit 2008, it seems.

By the way, a Latvian lady in our office was asking me a question and noticed the AUGI name and said it means plan in Latvian.

Kevin

It happened to me a couple of times before. I'm on sketch mode and when i notice, I don't have the sketch options (like Finish Sketch) anymore, because the Design Bar is showing the standard buttons that should be there only if you are not on sketch mode anymore... But even if the buttons are there, they don't work.

What I usually do when i face this problem, is to change my view to a 3D view or sometimes, change to another plan view and the sketch options appear again.

Andre Carvalho