PDA

View Full Version : Receptacle Tag

jkirk.165419
2008-04-08, 07:21 PM
How to I create a tag with a label that displays my Panel and Circuit # in this format 'LA-1'. With 'LA' being my panel and '1' being my circuit with a hyphen in between them. I can create a tag that has two labels and this information can be displayed as 'LA' and '1' in any orientation I choose but I lack the know how to create a label that links these pieces together and also adds a hyphen between them. I am sure there is a way to do this, can anyone help?

mwiggins121466
2008-04-08, 08:22 PM
If it is a panel out of the box look at its properties. You have circuit naming, circuit prefix separator, circuit prefix............

jkirk.165419
2008-04-09, 06:21 PM
Thank you for the reply. I do see that information as part of the panel. But how does it then become part of my tag for the receptacle? I am just using the annotation tag "out of the box" as you said that is named "electrical device tag".

I keep going to edit the tag family, is this correct? I see under my label parameter for the tag a value for 'Panel' and 'Circuit Number' but how to I make that value both of those?

Do I need to add a new value? If so, where do I do that at.

Sorry, but I am very new to Revit.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-09, 06:37 PM
Thank you for the reply. I do see that information as part of the panel. But how does it then become part of my tag for the receptacle? I am just using the annotation tag "out of the box" as you said that is named "electrical device tag".

I keep going to edit the tag family, is this correct? I see under my label parameter for the tag a value for 'Panel' and 'Circuit Number' but how to I make that value both of those?

Do I need to add a new value? If so, where do I do that at.

Sorry, but I am very new to Revit.

Edit your family, add a new label, select the parameter you want (if you want more than one, just add another label), format it the way you want and load your family into the project.

Andre Carvalho

martin.schmid
2008-04-10, 04:54 PM
As Margaret suggested, you modify properties of the panel instance, not the tag family. Select the panel that the tagged receptacle is connected to. In the panel properties, set Circuit Naming to Panel Name, and set the Circuit Prefix Separator to '-'.

To maintain consistency, you'll need to to this on each of your panels.

jkirk.165419
2008-04-10, 08:44 PM
NICE - FINALLY. THANK YOU ALL!