PDA

View Full Version : printing issues

tect75
2008-04-08, 08:22 PM
i have a fairly large project we are working on (banquet hall) that is giving me fits when printing. The physical model is a big one and detailed but the actual file size is small (15 mb) The model is fairly detailed (ie handrails, detailed railings, etc,) when i go to print it takes forever to plot to the printer or a dwf or pdf. i have purged till i cant purge no more. im running an xp system with 4gb of ram, decent 256mb video card. this is the only project i remotely have a problem printing. anyway i can make this print faster.....ie level of detail etc.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-08, 09:25 PM
i have a fairly large project we are working on (banquet hall) that is giving me fits when printing. The physical model is a big one and detailed but the actual file size is small (15 mb) The model is fairly detailed (ie handrails, detailed railings, etc,) when i go to print it takes forever to plot to the printer or a dwf or pdf. i have purged till i cant purge no more. im running an xp system with 4gb of ram, decent 256mb video card. this is the only project i remotely have a problem printing. anyway i can make this print faster.....ie level of detail etc.

Try printing to PDF, setting the PDF driver to 150 or 300 DPI. At least the Adobe PDF has its driver set to 1200 DPI by default.

Andre Carvalho

psteel
2008-04-09, 08:04 AM
We have also had this problem, we have found using Raster Processing quickens the plot delivery, with no degradation of the information.

In the Print Setup dialogue box under Hidden Line Views select Raster Processing and then test the Raster quality below in the Appearance Box.

Hope this helps.

SCShell
2008-04-09, 02:00 PM
Hey there,

Other things that really slow down this printing process are shadows, images set to "shading with edges", lots of drafting fills and camera views (especially with shadows on).

As far as settings, I prefer 600 dpi when printing to PDF. If I have a drawing with a lot of renderings or other type 3D images and photos....then I bump up that particular sheet to 1200 dpi.

Hope this helps.
Steve