PDA

View Full Version : Schedule totals

charliep
2008-04-09, 09:30 AM
Using RAC 2008 and trying to create a wall schedule. There are several different wall styles and I would like to show totals for each type as opposed to a grand total. How can I do this without creating a different schedule for each type?

patricks
2008-04-09, 12:27 PM
You should be able to just add the Count field to give you the numbers of each wall type, and be sure to uncheck the Itemize Every Instance field.

If you are wanting to itemize every instance, then you would need to sort by wall type, and include a Footer with totals.

Dwane Lindsey
2008-04-09, 01:17 PM
In the props of the schedule, go to the sorting and grouping tab. One of your sorts/groups should be (Wall) Type and under that "group", turn on (check box) the footer. When you activate the footer, you can include count info for that grouping.

SCShell
2008-04-09, 01:55 PM
Hey there,

One of the best things about this forum, other than improving our Revit skills, is being able to read about how other offices do their projects. With this in mind, I am trying to understand the basic need to show the total number of each wall type?

I understand wanting to show the total linear dimension for a specific wall type for budget calculations and similar type uses; however, why would you want to know how many walls there are when one could be 2' long and another may be 40' long?
<Blonde mode on> Maybe I am missing something? <Blonde mode off>

Thank you in advance
Steve

charliep
2008-04-09, 02:29 PM
My apologies guys. I meant a linear total of each wall type rather than count total. eg Type A 20m; Type B 35m etc. :Oops:

Graeme Padgham
2008-04-09, 02:56 PM
Hi,
Make sure Itemise every instance is Unchecked
Under Sorting tab sort by type (or Family&type)
Under Formatting tab, select Length and click on Calculate Totals.

That should give you total lengths for each type.

charliep
2008-04-09, 05:48 PM
Thanks Graeme,
when I click on "Length" in the Formatting tab, the "Calculate Total" is greyed out but not if I click on "Count". I've checked and the "Itemize every instance" is cleared. Apart from that it seems OK.

Graeme Padgham
2008-04-14, 08:51 AM
Strange,
Ill take you through what i did so you can replicate. (to see if there is a problem somewhere else)

i created 3 wall types, then put a couple of different lengths of each randomly on a drawing.
Then created a new wall schedule
selected Familiy & Type, Count and Length parameters.
unchecked 'itemise every instance'
sorted by 'Family & Type ' only.
Under formatting select Length (and calculate totals is not greyed out?)

give that a try and let me know

Graeme

charliep
2008-04-14, 01:38 PM
Thanks Graeme,

Works perfectly. I've discovered what I was doing, I was creating a material takeoff as opposed to a shedule.