PDA

View Full Version : Toggle INFO on/off

barathd
2004-09-04, 10:16 PM
Is it possible to have some notes within the Titleblock such as i.e. "NOT ISSUED FOR CONSTRUCTION" that one could toggle on and off ?

Regards

Dick Barath

beegee
2004-09-04, 11:30 PM
You can make a sheet with the notes, and one without, and switch between those two sheets easily.

barathd
2004-09-05, 12:05 AM
Beegee:

Good thought - can't say I mind it - but an awful big stick for a small problem.

Thanks

Dick Barath

barathd
2004-09-05, 12:42 AM
Beegee:

What can I say other than thanks - tried it works super - no it wasn't to big of a stick.

Regards

Dick Barath

barathd
2004-09-05, 12:50 AM
As I was playing around with Beegee's idea something occurred to me. Why not give "families" a property where by there could be a "selectable option". In other words one would require a seperate additional proceedure to purge such a family.

Parkinson
2004-09-05, 11:13 AM
I have had some luck with an annotation family I imported into the sheet (attached). I haven't tried to nest it in the title block family so i don't know if it would work within it. The up side of a separate family is that you can move it around the sheet. I had a parameter called "blank" which means you can toggle the note on and off by selecting this parameter (it is not actually off but displays a blank space which I typed in as a value).
You can also select all instances by going to the family in the browser thus changing all parameters in one go ie changing a whole dwg set from "Preliminary" to "For Construction" in one go. If you set up a schedule of the drawing stamp you can see at a glance which sheet has which note.
Helps?