PDA

View Full Version : Would be nice to have them...(How do I do this?)

dpasa
2004-09-05, 06:12 PM
1. Scale command : Very usefull for some compenents or symbols or DWG imports.

2. Area command : Like AutoCAD

3. Change family category of an opening. For example : I have a door and a window which I want to copy to the level above and change the door into a window of the same width to keep them aligned at the elevation view. I want to be able to choose a window and replace the door with it instead of erasing the door and place the window from the begining.

4. I don't see any polyline command.

5. Transform lines or polylines to walls or railings. This could be very usefull.

6. Better DWG handling.

7. Keep the Type and Instance properties in one Dialog box

8. Update Revit with Accurender 4 when it is ready.

9. Real time Walkthrough animation. Use the mouse to navigate.

10. Change some default options. For example when you cut a stair in a section this should use automatically wide lines. This is more correct I think. Now I have to change it.

11. More components especially in some categories like balusters, profiles. Also more hatch patterns.

I am very new to Revit so forgive me if some of the above already exist.

Regards, Dimitris.

P.S. BTW Revit is really great!!!

I read Vincent's comment below and I think he is probably right so I moved the thread - PJ

aaronrumple
2004-09-05, 08:53 PM
!. You can scale DWG imports as you imfew other port them - however scale would be nice for a few other things too.

2. Revit is great with areas. Every room has area. Just drop in a room tag that displays area or create a schedule. You can also create area plans and tag those spaces. With room separation lines you can create rooms without walls. (Think plines...)

4. All lines that touch end to end are line plines.... Put your mouse over one and hit the tab key once - all are selected. You can also group lines to make them selectable line plines. You can also create a filled region with no fill that acts like a pline. Plines suck once you get the fell for the power of Revit lines.

5. Pick to create walls has been on the wishlist for a while. Howerver you can already do this with ceilings, floors, railing and other objects.

6. As long as the DWG format is a tower of babble - import will have limitations. Damn proxy object.

7. I think it is important to keep type and instance separate. Changing a type could affect the whole project and create a real disaster if someone were to think they were just changing one object.

8. Viz - not Accurender. We need real network rendering with GI.

9. F8

10. You can change the default options by saving them to your default template. Then it will be the wway you want forever.

11. Any AutoCAD hatch pattern can be used in Revit Hundreds are available for free download.

12. Enjoy.

Vincent Valentijn
2004-09-06, 08:34 AM
I am very new to Revit so forgive me if some of the above already exist.

Regards, Dimitris.

P.S. BTW Revit is really great!!!

Hi Dimitris, good to see you've found your way to AUGI allready - welcome :D !
For the future.. maybe it's an idea to post a list of 'can I do' things in the General section instead of disguising them as wishes here in the Wishlist. [wishlist is for -not yet existing- functionality remember?]
You will simply get more direct responces in another part of the forum I think, just ask and many will be happy to assist you.. see you around.