PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling 3-Way (Tag-Key-Sched) Relationship?

cek
2008-04-10, 04:32 PM
Here's the problem I'm trying to resolve:

When I set the Ceiling Mark tag value, in the ceiling's element properties, I want the Ceiling
Schedule to:

1. Populate the field for the Ceiling Mark.................................................. (not a problem)
2. Identify the corresponding value in the Ceiling Key Schedule......... (is this even possible?)
3. Acquire the field values from the Ceiling Key Schedule to populate the remaining fields in
the Ceiling Schedule.

There doesn't seem to be a three way connection between the tag, ceiling shedule and the key schedule. The tag doesn't see the key schedule and the key schedule doesn't see the tag. They appear to work on the ceiling schedule independently. Consequently I can't drive the key schedule with the tag parameter. Or Can I?

archjake
2008-06-17, 12:21 AM
Key schedules need logical information and tags like to display certain parameters like the type mark.

Try something like:

Ceiling Key schedule has:
Key type 1, value 1, value 2, value 3.

Then your ceiling schedule will have:
Type Mark, Key type 1, value 1, value 2, value 3, independent value x y or z.

Once you set the key type 1 it will fill in value 1,2,3. When you are done setting the Key type 1 you may hide it for the construction documents. Independent value x y or z does not have to be linked. If you even need them.

Type mark will be read through the ceiling tag.
This should link the 3 together unless you are trying to get more information 'fed' to the ceiling tag. In that case you will need a shared parameter and you will have to set it manually which is error prone.

Does any of this work for you? Or does it even make sense?