PDA

View Full Version : (3D) is not visible?

fcapistrano
2008-04-10, 04:40 PM
Hello,
Please advise what is required for me to get the (3D) view to show. The 3D View with the use of the camera is visible and is fine, but the (3D) is not there. Is it someting to do with the view parameters? The elevation

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Matt Brennan
2008-04-10, 05:26 PM
In the 3d view, try ZA (zoom to all) and see if that helps. If you still do not see anything then you may have a 3d object out in space. Try turning off any imported dwgs through your visibility settings.

If you still have no luck, try turning off revit geometry one by one. We had a similar problem with a room floating in the middle of nowhere.

I hope this helps and good luck!

edit:
Is your section box on? This can be found by right clicking and selecting view properties. You may want to check it on/off. This could reset the view too!

aggockel50321
2008-04-10, 05:27 PM
Lots of stuff to check... here's a few...

Does view phase match or is it later than the phase of the created objects.

Have you checked your visibility settings for the view.

Do you have a linked drawing who's origin is miles or kilometers away, so that when you do a "zoom to fit", it appears that the screen is blank because of the separation between your model elements and the imported dwg.

Workgroup visibility.

etc, etc

DaveP
2008-04-10, 05:43 PM
One more thing to check:
Make sure Crop View is not on. Crop View is not the same as Section Box. Section Box is in the View Properties. Well, actuall, Crop View is too, but its also an icon at the bottom of the screen.

fcapistrano
2008-04-10, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE= Try turning off any imported dwgs through your visibility settings.

Thanks for all your help and suggestion.

The imported dwgs were interfering, and the 3D is now visible after turning off visibility settings of the imported dgws.

Frank
(PS. I used to work for Reno Negrin and am at 1500 W. Georgia - Zeidler Partnership office)

Matt Brennan
2008-04-10, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE= Frank
(PS. I used to work for Reno Negrin and am at 1500 W. Georgia - Zeidler Partnership office)

Good Show! I came onboard last year. Prior to that I worked for an Autodesk reseller in which I trained RCNA on Revit as well as implemented it into their office. You can see the success story here.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=9506011&linkID=8397642

Glad that I could help!