PDA

View Full Version : LINKS "By Linked View"

williamsmitchell
2008-04-11, 05:17 PM
Hello Everyone

I've got a 3 storey apt. I've got all my units modeled and inserted as links. I've got overall plans that show the units greyed out and they work great.

In my enlarged unit plans i want to show my units "by linked view" so i can see all the annotation. When i do that i can see the links on floors above and below. These units sometimes are the same so it dosnt show but sometimes there are different layouts above or below and i see them overtop of eachother

my view range is correct in both files. im not sure why its doing this. any suggestions?

Thanks
Shane

ian.shafer369206
2013-04-05, 06:00 PM
Shane,

Did you find a resolution to this? I have the same issue and cannot find the answer ...
Ian

cliff collins
2013-04-05, 06:53 PM
Do you have any Underlays turned on in either the main or linked models?

Millawi
2013-04-06, 01:29 AM
It seems that the problem has to with the units sharing the same levels in the linked file. You could try renaming the units to something which refers to a floor level (e.g. 101,102,201,202,etc.). Then you can uncheck the visibility for those units not relevant to the view.

Otherwise, I would suggest not using "By Linked View" in favour of "Custom", and set the the relevant "Linked View" with everything else set to "By Host View". This way you can globally control the Visibility Graphics of your model and annotation categories for both the project and linked units. You could also include all this into a View Template giving you even greater consistency.