PDA

View Full Version : What is my spot elevation snapping to?

patricks
2008-04-14, 12:56 PM
I'm trying to place some spot elevations on a site plan to denote the heights of sidewalk corners, radius end points, etc.

So in our model, we have site sidewalks drawn as flat floor objects either 6" or 12" below the finished floor of the building. Of course it won't actually be like that, and I'm using the toposurface to host the spot elevations for where the actual elevations of the sidewalks are supposed to be.

Now for some reason, my spot elevations are snapping to certain points on the topo, and I can't figure out what they're snapping to. It is showing the correct elevation (2.5 feet below the building finished floor in one case), but I didn't think the spots would snap to anything other than elements with hard edges and corners, like floors.

What I'm getting at is, I have 2 spot points in the toposurface very close to each other, for the top and bottom of the sidewalk (6" difference in elevation), but I can only get a spot elevation annotation to snap to the point at the top of the walk (242.50). I can't get an elevation to show 242.00. If I move a spot in close, it just snaps automatically to the 242.50 like the other spot. Any ideas?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-14, 02:16 PM
I'm trying to place some spot elevations on a site plan to denote the heights of sidewalk corners, radius end points, etc.

So in our model, we have site sidewalks drawn as flat floor objects either 6" or 12" below the finished floor of the building. Of course it won't actually be like that, and I'm using the toposurface to host the spot elevations for where the actual elevations of the sidewalks are supposed to be.

Now for some reason, my spot elevations are snapping to certain points on the topo, and I can't figure out what they're snapping to. It is showing the correct elevation (2.5 feet below the building finished floor in one case), but I didn't think the spots would snap to anything other than elements with hard edges and corners, like floors.

What I'm getting at is, I have 2 spot points in the toposurface very close to each other, for the top and bottom of the sidewalk (6" difference in elevation), but I can only get a spot elevation annotation to snap to the point at the top of the walk (242.50). I can't get an elevation to show 242.00. If I move a spot in close, it just snaps automatically to the 242.50 like the other spot. Any ideas?

Patrick,

Sometimes when I have problems with spot elevations snaping to other points close to the ones I want, I switch my view to wireframe ans use tab to pick the right one. it may not be exactly your case, but it works for me.

Regards,

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-04-14, 03:14 PM
Well my site plan view is already set to wireframe, and Tab does nothing. It's all or nothing, either snapped to that point, or pulled off over 12" (drawing scale) away from the point I need it on.