PDA

View Full Version : Room Names in Schedules

thomasf
2008-04-14, 01:01 PM
One thing I am amazed to see is that Room Name is not a field in either the Door or Window Schedules.

I seem to recall form my Intro class years ago there is a way to add that parameter.

Is that true? Can somebody explain how to accompish that?

Thanks

DaveP
2008-04-14, 01:39 PM
Sure is!
When you create your schedule, on the Fields Tab ,there's a drop-down list in the lower left corner labled "Select available fields from:"
pick that & you'll be able to pick either To Room or From Room. Once you've picked on of them, you can pick the Room Name field.

If you see the wrong name in the Room Nam field, you can pick on it & switch to the other name. This allows you to flip which is From & To

patricks
2008-04-14, 01:39 PM
If you edit your door schedule fields, look at the Select Available Fields From: pulldown box at the lower left. You can switch that between door parameters and room parameters from both the From room and the To room. The same goes for Window schedules.

Now how Revit determines which is the From room and which is the To room, I have no idea. I would guess that normally that room that the door opens into is the To room, but what about a storage closet door that opens out into a room or corridor? I would think you would want it to say From corridor, To storage closet, even though the door is opening out into the corridor.

thomasf
2008-04-14, 06:26 PM
OK, that gets me 1/2 way to what my boss likes to see. Thanks!!

Next thing is can you get Revit to repeat a cloumn.

My boss really likes to see the room name at the left and the right sidds of the schedule.

I tried to trick Revit by using the To & From room headings and changing the label to both say Location and when I click on the room name in one it changes in the other.

DaveP
2008-04-14, 07:19 PM
I tried to trick Revit ....
Ahhh... Now you're thinking AutoCAD think again!
You can't trick Revit!!

You can, however, cheat (just a little). You can't have one field show up in two places, but you CAN make a new field equal to another. What you need is a Calculated Value.

Go into the View Properties for the Schedule & click on the Calculated Value button. Give your new value a name (like Room Again or something), make sure its a Text field and then - here's the magic- in the Formula box, type in the name of the field you want. Be VERY careful here, this field must be EXACTLY as it is in the Fields box, including spelling, Capitalization, punctuation, and spaces. You'll want
To Room: Name
Once you've got the column created, you can change the title at the top to say "Room Name". That part is just a title, it doesn't have to match the actual field.

Now you're thinking Revit-think!

thomasf
2008-04-16, 02:35 PM
Awesome!!

Now I can make my boss happy.

Thanks