PDA

View Full Version : i thought i was being smart (re:door schedule)

ntnik
2008-04-14, 04:37 PM
i have my doors in my model and i had origionaly completed my door elevations with a legend and legend componants......i did not like the way i could not cut throught the elevations to go to my head, jamb and sill details so, i changed it. I deleted the legend and placed a new wall near my model with all the doors (and appropriate wall types) in the project in my new "stand alone" wall.....i placed an elevation tag infront of the wall to generate my door/window elevations......i liked this alot better.....but......those doors in my stand alone wall meant to produce my door elevation drawings now appear on my schedule......how do i get them off????

tomnewsom
2008-04-14, 04:46 PM
i have my doors in my model and i had origionaly completed my door elevations with a legend and legend componants......i did not like the way i could not cut throught the elevations to go to my head, jamb and sill details so, i changed it. I deleted the legend and placed a new wall near my model with all the doors (and appropriate wall types) in the project in my new "stand alone" wall.....i placed an elevation tag infront of the wall to generate my door/window elevations......i liked this alot better.....but......those doors in my stand alone wall meant to produce my door elevation drawings now appear on my schedule......how do i get them off????
Put them in a future Phase called 'Legends'
This will also prevent them showing up inadvertantly in your 'New' phase drawings

Of course, the elevation view will only be placeable on one sheet, so bear that in mind...

sbrown
2008-04-14, 04:47 PM
I recommended doing elevations just like you have but of the actual windows and doors in the model, then hide the elevation sybmols if you don't want to see them

Chris.N
2008-04-14, 05:06 PM
I recommended doing elevations just like you have but of the actual windows and doors in the model, then hide the elevation sybmols if you don't want to see them
so, you don't use either 'Legend' views, or the Phased version? what happens when the referenced component moves, or changes type?

of all the ways i've seen, i like the phase version. now, how to set up that phase?
~off to search~

tomnewsom
2008-04-15, 11:29 AM
so, you don't use either 'Legend' views, or the Phased version? what happens when the referenced component moves, or changes type?

of all the ways i've seen, i like the phase version. now, how to set up that phase?
~off to search~
Settings - Phases - Select New Construction - Click Insert "After"

ntnik
2008-04-21, 01:06 PM
i think the phase version worked by far the best....the actual door is setting there in a walltype that is used in the job (started with generic wall quick copies of doors to match number of types.....then split the wall into segments to match wall types ....set phase to future.....what i find better than legend components is as long as your maintaining your "wall out to the side" you dont run the risk of updating anything in the model and missing the change in your door/window elevations. I DO NOT like the way you can't cut a section through your legend component to generate head jamb and sill....there is another advantage of using "tag all not tagged" in the door window elevation too (with legend components i had to "fake" the label.

patricks
2008-04-21, 01:13 PM
eh, the wall off to the side method is so... Revit 6-like. That's how we used to do it around here before legends were introduced.

We do not show head or jamb sections on the door type elevations, because the same door type might occur in multiple walls.

But anyway, if you don't want to do the phasing method for the wall and doors off to the side, just add a character like 'x' to each door's number, and then set your door schedule to filter out doors containing that character in the door number.