PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 Reg Problem

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-15, 08:16 PM
I'm getting this error when trying to register:

The request code you entered is not valid. Try again (Error 3)

I get the same error even when I go to www.autodesk.com/register (http://www.autodesk.com/register)

Anyone else having this problem? I don't know what to do about it...

EDIT: Also noticed this, when it tries to get an activation code and then gives me the error it says this for the product:
AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2008 0

Before when I enter the Group ID it says the product is 2009 - I find this odd.

Any help is appreciated

patricks
2008-04-15, 08:18 PM
got this as well.

I seem to remember having this problem with 2008. I can't believe this is still happening. :roll:

gordie_v
2008-04-15, 08:25 PM
I remember last year the activation didn't work until you receive your disk.

We tried calling autodesk to get it early but to no avail.
We worked off of trial for 3weeks before we could activate

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-15, 08:27 PM
I really hope that isn't true.

I don't know why a disk would allow me to activate - I have all of the reg information for our licenses...

Have there been people who have successfully registered?

niki_funky
2008-04-15, 08:47 PM
When you receive your disks, then your license will be activated on Autodesk servers.
That's what I heard.

best regards
niki

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-15, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the insight everyone - I'll just use it as a trial version and hope our disks get here in 30 days!

Bill McLees
2008-04-15, 09:33 PM
I downloaded and installed and registered with no problem.

I had the problems last year (as did many others.)

This year it worked fine.

Bob Tobs

ws
2008-04-15, 10:30 PM
Same reg problem as already mentioned above - going direct to the Autodesk subscription site worked last year but not this year :roll:

Seems to be a regular problem.

Chad Smith
2008-04-16, 01:04 AM
I jumped onto the Subscription Center and grabbed the new serial numbers and got all our products installed without a hitch.

Overconstrained
2008-04-16, 01:31 AM
I jumped onto the Subscription Center and grabbed the new serial numbers and got all our products installed without a hitch.

Yep. This worked for me too.

Andrew Dobson
2008-04-16, 08:05 AM

Could you please explain how to do this, cant seem to find it in Subscription Center

Thanks

still.james
2008-04-16, 10:41 AM
same problem here, can not register yet

Chad Smith
2008-04-16, 10:44 AM
Could you please explain how to do this, cant seem to find it in Subscription Center

Thanks
Log into Subscription Center, go to the Coverage Report. Click onto the Contract # and you will be taken to the list of serials.

still.james
2008-04-16, 10:46 AM
Log into Subscription Center, go to the Coverage Report. Click onto the Contract # and you will be taken to the list of serials.

brilliant, worked perfect!

Andrew Dobson
2008-04-16, 12:11 PM

Thanks very much for this.

Really logical place to put this Autodesk....

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-16, 02:33 PM
Is the Subscription Center ID and password the same as the Autodesk ID and password (the one I use to register online normally)?

ws
2008-04-16, 02:41 PM
It is for me, so I guess so?

DaveP
2008-04-16, 03:37 PM
Evidently Autodesk has changed the Serial number for Revit for the 2009 version.
If you try to use the Serial number from 2008, it won't show up.

You need to go to the Subscription Center as Chad describes above to get the new #s.

Or wait until you get your DVD. (Like you're going to wait for that!)

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-16, 03:56 PM
Yeah, so I went to the Subscription Center and it tells me there are no active subscriptions for our account. I have a email confirmation in front of me that says we are renewed up until 02/09.

So I've sent off a request.

Kind of wish this process went a little smoother...but I still get to play with it so I can't complain too much.

ws
2008-04-16, 04:14 PM
Now that is interesting - that is exactly my experience - no subscription listed.

My reseller is saying that Autodesk claim to have not received the renewal email from them back in February and are charging them about $130 as a 'fine' for late renewal.

Still not sorted out but I've been promised it will.

vandelay
2008-04-16, 05:06 PM
My subscription account is not updated. It does not list any of the 2009 products.
What is the hold up autodesk? You already have my money.

patricks
2008-04-16, 05:15 PM
I followed Chad's procedure and got mine registered just fine.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-16, 06:07 PM
Ha! Got it figured out - apparently there WAS a difference between the Autodesk login and the Autodesk Subscription Center login. Now it sees our subscription and I've got the updated serial number.

Too many freakin' logins/passwords to remember in one lifetime.

jcoe
2008-04-16, 06:31 PM

Any idea what to do if there is no Contract# listed when you log on? I know that the subscription has been paid, but I cannot see our information nor can I get ahold of our reseller. Since Autodesk went and changed the way group numbers work for products(thanks for the heads-up by the way), I can only run in demo mode at the moment.

vandelay
2008-04-16, 06:45 PM
I just learned from autodesk licensing that there will be new group id's created for the 2009 products. I guess that I missed that email. My bad.

So my subscription number is correct and I am paid through to 2010. And I am waiting....and waiting...for RAC 2009 to be added to my subscription account. I am wondering why my account was not updated when the download was posted to the autodesk page. Why do I have to pay and wait?

Autodesk subscription...are you listening?

I need a beer.

Andrew Dobson
2008-04-16, 09:06 PM
I just learned from autodesk licensing that there will be new group id's created for the 2009 products. I guess that I missed that email. My bad.

So my subscription number is correct and I am paid through to 2010. And I am waiting....and waiting...for RAC 2009 to be added to my subscription account. I am wondering why my account was not updated when the download was posted to the autodesk page. Why do I have to pay and wait?

Autodesk subscription...are you listening?

I need a beer.

Try using the 2008 number on the subscription centre

vandelay
2008-04-16, 09:13 PM
I placed a call to my reseller who is on the ball. He is tracking down why the products are not listed yet. I also submitted a subscription help ticket to help resolve the issue.

I just know that I can't do anything from my position. It may just take some time to show up under subscription but I still don't like waiting.

Tyveka
2008-04-16, 09:35 PM
Perhaps one of the reasons is because you are not the account administrator for the software. An example - even though I'm the CAD Manager, our IT Director is the primary contact on the subscription account. So only he can see the contract numbers.

When I contacted our reseller, they let me know what the new numbers are and informed me as to why I couldn't see them.

Hope this helps!

johk
2008-04-17, 03:14 AM
Hi,
When I installed my RST2009 and got asked for my serial no. I entered my old one.
It seems now that it was not the correct serial No. but I can't seem to be able to enter my new serial no.
Anyone have an idea how I can delete the serial No. as when I go to "Product and Licensing information.." I can't enter any new serial No.?
Jonas

Chad Smith
2008-04-17, 03:35 AM
Go to the About Revit menu item (just under Product Licensing Information).
Select the Product Information button on the bottom right, then you can Update the serial number.

johk
2008-04-17, 03:38 AM
Hi,

Thanks Chad. That was easy. I had a search on the internet and came across this post.
http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2007/06/serial-number-lost-after-reinstallation.html

Well, All is ok - didn't have any problems with registring :)

Cheers,
Jonas

vandelay
2008-04-17, 01:14 PM
Perhaps one of the reasons is because you are not the account administrator for the software. An example - even though I'm the CAD Manager, our IT Director is the primary contact on the subscription account. So only he can see the contract numbers.

When I contacted our reseller, they let me know what the new numbers are and informed me as to why I couldn't see them.

Hope this helps!

Actually I am the account manager but I still don't see the new 2009 group id's. I received this reply from ABC last night.
"The first shipment for Revit Architecture 2009. Per policy Autodesk will autofulfill your product on active subscription within 30 days of new product release."

So it looks like I just have to wait.:?

By the way, I was trying to setup a network deployment and wanted to verify that the serial number that I enter during the deployment would the the correct number when it came to my license file for the 2009 products. I know that I am supposed to use my subscription number for the deployments but I always like to verify that I am doing things correctly.

I've learned that if you ask 5 people how to do a task you'll get 10 different answers.