PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Tutorial Install Problem

jcoe
2008-04-16, 01:26 PM
I followed the steps in the help menu to install the tutorial file. However, once the install is done and the file is place in C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2009\Program, I still get the same message in the help menu.

Does this have anything to do with the file still being RAC 2008? Because this is where the link in the help menu takes me.

jeffh
2008-04-16, 01:38 PM
The updated tutorials have not yet been posted to the web.

sbuchanan2
2008-06-02, 05:46 PM
:) I can't wait to get my hands on these. Do you have any idea when they might be released?

jeffh
2008-06-03, 01:43 AM
They have been posted.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=11091739

Cathy Hadley
2008-06-03, 01:30 PM
Jeff,

I have a question. I've installed the tutorials on my Vista 64 machine... except when I select topic I get address not available error ... my guess is that it must be looking in program files for some files .... but it needs to look in Program files (x86) ...

Can I change this somehow? or is it just me?

PDF for me for now...

Cathy

jeffh
2008-06-03, 02:07 PM
Jeff,

I have a question. I've installed the tutorials on my Vista 64 machine... except when I select topic I get address not available error ... my guess is that it must be looking in program files for some files .... but it needs to look in Program files (x86) ...

Can I change this somehow? or is it just me?

PDF for me for now...

Cathy

That is a good question. Since we do not have an installer for the tutorial files we can only wirte out one path in the ZIP file for the files to go to. We write the path for Win XP. There are some instructions on the webpage on where to place the files if using Vista. Did you take a look at those to see about placing the files in the correct spot on a Vista PC? It could be different on a Vista 64 machine though. I will have to look into that one.