PDA

View Full Version : Inplace Family visibility issue?? Need Help!!

thand
2008-04-16, 04:37 PM
OK... I was trying to create the pipe that connects to my roof drains and have the path of the pipes connect. Then have the remaining pipe direct down through the corner of my stair well and out the building. I figured that I would use an inplace family since this is project specific.

Here's the problem I'm having... The inplace family is not cutting in plan, so when I show the first or second floor plan instead of seeing a cut pipe in the corner, I'm seeing the entire inplace family in plan.

Do inplace families cut in section or plan? If not, then do I need to copy paste this inplace family to a family that can be cut in section & plan??

Does anyone have any input on this matter??

Thanks

Todd

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-16, 05:12 PM
Some families categories aren't meant to be cut and doesn't matter if it is in place or not. You can check the help file to see the complete list. If I find it I'll post here.

Meanwhile, if your in-place family is a Generic Model, I'm sure it will cut. Go to Settings > Family Categories and Parameters and change it there. You can also keep changing to see which one cut and which ones don't.

Andre Carvalho

thand
2008-04-16, 05:23 PM
Some families categories aren't meant to be cut and doesn't matter if it is in place or not. You can check the help file to see the complete list. If I find it I'll post here.

Meanwhile, if your in-place family is a Generic Model, I'm sure it will cut. Go to Settings > Family Categories and Parameters and change it there. You can also keep changing to see which one cut and which ones don't.

Andre Carvalho

Thanks for the post... I've also figured out what was going wrong with my inplace family.

Anytime I tried to create an inplace family that had more than one extrusion, sweep, etc. I got the visibility issue as mentioned above. The second I only created a single sweep, extrusion, etc. per inplace family I no longer had the visibility issue and it would cut correctly in plan.

I guess this post can now be an FYI to all those out there that may run across the same problem in the future.

Thanks

gustavopardo
2008-07-01, 07:07 PM
THANKS!!!

This is one of the best tips!!!!!! casework works!!