PDA

View Full Version : revit 2009 batch print where?

wrartes
2008-04-16, 05:21 PM
I went to the subscription area and I don't have any batch print, work sharing and google earth plunging to download for revit 2009. any idea?

aretap
2008-04-16, 05:34 PM
Yeah I was looking for the download as well. The new features promise Batch printing and monitor if you have subscription. All the Subscription site has is support for 2008???

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-16, 09:25 PM
When you sign in there's a Product Info & Download area towards the bottom of the page. Then there is a bold sentence that says: Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC): Product Modules & Add-Ons

Click on the link after that - should bring you to the page you need for all that good stuff

Tyveka
2008-04-16, 09:38 PM
Went exactly where directed - there are no extensions for 2009, only 2008.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-04-16, 10:03 PM
My fault - I guess I wasn't looking hard enough - you're right, its only for 2008.

Scott D Davis
2008-04-16, 10:46 PM
The Extensions are coming for 2009. They will be there soon. I don't have a date yet, but if I find out, I will post it here.

mtyp
2008-04-21, 04:47 AM
Scott,
Will Globe Link be apart of these extensions?

Thanks
Matt

cstanley
2008-04-29, 03:32 PM
The Extensions are coming for 2009. They will be there soon. I don't have a date yet, but if I find out, I will post it here.

anxiously waiting...:mrgreen:

NKramer
2008-05-13, 04:57 PM
According to another thread the worksharing monitor and back plot utility were scheduled to roll out at the end of April.

These tools are not part of the Revit Extensions 2009. From what I heard, the Worksharing Monitor and Batch Print platform utilities for Revit 2009 products will be available by the end of April as our development team is still working on it. Once it's done, it will be posted separately in the Subscription Center.

Best Regards,

Wai Chu
Revit Structure Technical Product Manager

Does anybody know what the status for 2009 is? Are the new apps compatible with 08 or are we going to have to run 2 separate apps?

Nick

JamesVan
2008-05-13, 11:49 PM
The 2009 Subscription tools should be there. Yes, they are separate installs from 2008...in other words, you'll have both Worksharing Monitor for 2008 and 2009.

cstanley
2008-05-14, 02:27 PM
hopefully it will be integrated in the next release...

NKramer
2008-05-16, 03:37 PM
Apparently it is not possible to run the worksharing monitor for 08 concurrently with the worksharing monitor for 09. If one is open and I try to run the other it just makes the first active. I am able to run the monitor for 08 or 09 but not both.

Has anybody else run into this?

Nick

Andre Baros
2008-05-29, 11:55 PM
Just trying out the worksharing monitor for the first time and it looks like it has potential... but it is VERY sluggish. Is this typical? Is it just for looking at (to see status) or should I expect to interact with it?

NKramer
2008-05-29, 11:59 PM
Just trying out the worksharing monitor for the first time and it looks like it has potential... but it is VERY sluggish. Is this typical? Is it just for looking at (to see status) or should I expect to interact with it?

What do you mean by sluggish? Is it slowing down your computer or just takes a while for the initial load. It does take a while for the initial load but after that it runs fairly smoothly and with little hit to system performance.

The main uses for the monitor are to see who else is working in the file, if they are working in central (So then you can tell them to get out) or local, and if someone sends you an editing request it will actually pop up in there instead of going into a void like it use to.

HTH
Nick

Andre Baros
2008-05-30, 02:30 AM
The worksharing monitor doesn't have much impact on system performance, however, clicking on anything on the monitor itself (ie. Options, performace monitor, help) gives me the hour glass for a minute or so.

NKramer
2008-06-01, 07:03 PM
The worksharing monitor doesn't have much impact on system performance, however, clicking on anything on the monitor itself (ie. Options, performace monitor, help) gives me the hour glass for a minute or so.

We have been using it since it came out last year and I havent seen that problem on any machines before. It can be a bit fickle as to when/ how it gets installed. I actually had to install it 3 times on this machine. 1 with the beta of 09, 1 with the initial install (non network) and again when we finally got the network deployment out. I put the correct code in the .ini file but it wasnt working correctly (would come up but not function) so I had to run a repair after each install for it to work.

You could try reinstalling it and if that doesnt work file a support request with Autodesk.

HTH
Nick

wearethestones
2008-06-10, 10:48 PM
Maybe I'm just confused but isnt the batch plot utility already in Revit? I use 2008 and when I goto print, I hit the normal print button and I can select what ever sheets I want to print at whatever size and however many I need.

What else is there to doing a batch plot??? I have to be missing something!!!

Scott D Davis
2008-06-11, 03:57 PM
The Batch Print utility will allow you to order your prints, which is something you can't do from within Revit when plotting.