PDA

View Full Version : interior elevation (view depth?)

ntnik
2008-04-16, 10:55 PM
example: conference room with an interior elevation tag looking in two opposite directions.....towards two opposite walls....there is a window in each opposite wall....the mulls in one window show (away from the corridor) while the one in the corridor wall does not show the mulls.....however, the corridor elevation (facing the conference room) Does show the mulls ( i figure its because the window (glass/mulls) are inset closer to that wall where the mulls are visable....yes/no?

why doesnt it just show up in the interior elevation?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-17, 01:00 AM
Go to the elevation view properties and turn off Far Clip Active option. Also you may want to check the visibility parameters for the window on the view. Mullions/Frame are a subcategory for Windows under the visibility graphics properties.

Andre Carvalho

ntnik
2008-04-17, 12:48 PM
thanks for help, i did try but nothing seemed to change.....posted pdfs this time

ntnik
2008-04-18, 02:56 PM
found the mistake....it was in my window (glass was solid)....changed to void and it works.....maynot have been best thing but works like i need it in elevation (maybe should have kept solid but changed material)

thanks for help though

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-18, 03:21 PM
found the mistake....it was in my window (glass was solid)....changed to void and it works.....maynot have been best thing but works like i need it in elevation (maybe should have kept solid but changed material)

thanks for help though

Humm..

Instead of that, try editing your window family, select the opening cut (you may have to use TAB to try to select it) and verify that it is set to show transparent in both 3D and Elevation.

Best regards,

Andre Carvalho

ntnik
2008-04-21, 01:07 PM
good call....thanks