PDA

View Full Version : Existing phase drawing shading is dark on 2009

still.james
2008-04-17, 10:25 AM
on my drawings, my existing floor plans with shading are very dark, look like they are shadowed.

this is when loading into 2009, does anyone know what is causing this?

ita
2008-04-17, 01:02 PM
on my drawings, my existing floor plans with shading are very dark, look like they are shadowed.

Check the <Phases> settings in <Settings> - particularly look at <Graphic Overides> - "Overide" and the fill selections in <Materials> - "Phase Settings". Other than that I do not have an answer.

patricks
2008-04-17, 01:59 PM
Phasing graphic overrides in 2009 have LOTS more flexibility now than in 2008 and previous versions. You will now see options similar to the newer visibility/graphics controls that were released in 2008. You can set both cut and surface line styles and patterns, colors, as well as a material (which also has its own surface and cut styles).

still.james
2008-04-18, 12:21 PM
this seems to be linked to my ground floor on each drawing when looking further.

it even did it on my template, but i deleted the floor level and made another and it was ok - just unsure what to do with my existing drawings :S

ws
2008-04-18, 06:39 PM
I have the same problem - but only on some projects, not others.

Simplest solution is to turn off shaded graphics on existing phase plan views and stick to hidden line on affected projects until I can figure out what is causing it.

niki_funky
2008-04-18, 06:53 PM
There is new feature in Advanced Model Graphics, that says "Use Sun position for shaded views". This changes the colors and brightness of the view very much, if Sun is not properly set.

best regards
niki

ws
2008-04-18, 06:59 PM
thanks Niki,

I spotted that feature but it doesn't seem to be connected to shadows - it seems to be more to do with the Existing Phase setting somehow as it affects new elements created since the project conversion to RAC2009 but only in that Existing Plan view - and even stranger it only seems to affect Ground Floor Views of the projects I have checked so far :? ... bizarre.

ws
2008-04-18, 07:57 PM
After a lot of playing around and comparing 2008 projects to the same projects converted to 2009.

Some corruption seems to have crept in because deleting the affected plan and then creating a new plan View and attaching it to the same Level makes all the colors come back as they were in RAC2008... at least in the few projects I have tried so far.

Is it possible that the Ground Floor Existing phase is affected because it is the first file in the browser list when sorted according to Phase (?)

Edit: seems to be the first plan in the browser list irrespective of what Phase - I've got some Projects where the affected plan is New Construction as there is no Existing Phase. Deleting the View and recreating cures the color problem - but you have to be careful not to lose annotations and other View specific items.

ws
2008-04-18, 09:03 PM
that seems to be it - every imported project has the first drawing file in the browser list affected and has to be remade.

Weird.

iru69
2008-04-18, 09:39 PM
I've been dealing with a similar issue with elevations, so please excuse me if you've already look at this, but the sun settings affect color shaded views whether the "Use sun position for shaded display" is checked or not. Try different "Sun positions"?

ws
2008-04-18, 09:56 PM
thanks,

I'll have a look.

No, doesn't seem to make any difference in plan.

Every project, just the first drawing in the file is affected.

ws
2008-04-23, 08:41 AM
sorry - you're right :)

For some reason the Ground Floor View alone in my template must have been set to a dark day in London which in RAC2009 was exhibiting the behaviour mentioned in several posts elsewhere.

I only noticed when creating a project from scratch in RAC 2009.