PDA

View Full Version : Windows/doors

cbiddulph
2004-09-07, 03:45 PM
when doors and windows are inserted in walls they change in depth equal to the total depth of the wall in question. This is not helpful because windows and doors in reality are installed up to the playdood layer and the wall finish butts to the side of the door or window. To do that I started splitting the walls around the window opening including brick molds and such so it becomes right. Maybe I am not aware of another method to use or this is a glitch in the program.

aaronrumple
2004-09-07, 04:49 PM
You just need a family which justifies in the wall the way you want. Users have posted examples in the past and there are some at revitcity and rugi.

cbiddulph
2004-09-07, 04:53 PM
Thank you. I have tried to get to rugi but I get an error page. The web address is rugi.org right?
Thanks again

Scott D Davis
2004-09-07, 05:29 PM
go to revitcity.com and check there. RUGI's site is down, and we are in process of getting that data ported over to AUGI.

adegnan
2004-09-07, 05:57 PM
My Andersen FWO and FWH doors have this functionality built in. I have not yet done this with the Andersen windows though. Experiment with it-- dig into the FWO/FWH doors and see if you feel like making the modifications yourself!

cbiddulph
2004-09-07, 06:29 PM
Thanks for replying to my questions, I will keep play playing around with this.