PDA

View Full Version : Help with complex topography modifications.

etboards17
2008-04-18, 04:21 AM
The 3D Sections you are looking at are a sub grade condition and I need to be able to get the topography to have a reversed slope against a reversed sloped retaining wall. (see Sub Grade Condition copy.jpg).

When slicing the topography in the shape of the buildings foot print, I am essentially left with two separate topo surfaces. When modifying the points of the inside topo surface to decrease the elevations, Revit will not allow a point to go underneath a higher point (see Sub Grade Condition 2.jpg ).

Also, if the reversed slope goes underneath the border of the surrounding sliced topo surface, the surrounding topo surface still has a vertical surface covering the area that would be exposed by the reversed slope (shown in red), so even if I could get the topography to have a reversed slope against the retaining wall. I would still have to deal with the outer topo surface......

What would you do?

tomnewsom
2008-04-18, 08:38 AM
I would turn off the fill for the topography, so you're just dealing with the surfaces.

benmay
2008-04-18, 09:17 AM
This is not really possible with the site tools

Take a look at this thread for a work around http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=63694&highlight=topography%2Btunnel if you are really intrested in modelling this so that it works with 3D sections etc.

gwnelson
2008-04-18, 12:35 PM
Although I haven't tried it, I think you can do this by removing the vertical portion & adding a second topo on top.

etboards17
2008-04-18, 09:45 PM
How do you turn off the fill for the topography?

I noticed in the 3D and elevation views that the topography does not have fill under it's surface...?

Either this is a VG setting I dont know about.. or the fill has a depth setting that is not deep enough to show?

___

In terms of the previous problem... What a bummer! There is a good side though, any retaining wall should not have a cross section like that, so I have been redesigning. Self editing is a good thing. BUT, having the topography go over the space still posses a problem.

guy.messick825831
2008-04-18, 10:00 PM
Perhaps sloped pads in RAC 2009?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-19, 01:48 AM
How do you turn off the fill for the topography?

I noticed in the 3D and elevation views that the topography does not have fill under it's surface...?

Either this is a VG setting I dont know about.. or the fill has a depth setting that is not deep enough to show?

___

In terms of the previous problem... What a bummer! There is a good side though, any retaining wall should not have a cross section like that, so I have been redesigning. Self editing is a good thing. BUT, having the topography go over the space still posses a problem.

To control the fill for the topography under sections and elevations you have to go to Settings > Site settings > and change the option Elevation of poche base. A negative number will show the surface pattern. If you leave it 0, no pattern will show.

3D views won't show depth for the toposurface unless it is being cut by a section box, tough.

Andre Carvalho