PDA

View Full Version : Un-used dimension style won't purge?

patricks
2008-04-18, 07:23 PM
I'm trying to get rid of an un-needed linear dimension style. It's not showing up in the Purge list, and I don't see it anywhere in my project, so I figure I'll just create an instance, and then use Select All Instances.

Curiously, the new selection count only shows 1 instance selected when I do this. So I delete the selection, go to Purge Unused, and it STILL does not show up to let me remove it!

Anyone have an idea here?

sfaust
2008-04-18, 10:00 PM
I've had that happen on occation too. Have not found a fix though, unfortunately. Please post back if you do...

dbaldacchino
2008-04-20, 03:04 PM
I've seen similar behavior with view types. It seems like that dimension might have been the default in the template so Revit is reluctant to remove it. What I would do is to take your most popular dimension and replicate the settings in this un-purgeable one (or any other one that you use). Go to the other dimension, select all instances and select this un-purgeable style (which is now a perfect duplicate). Try purge and this other dimension should now show up in the purge dialog. Remember to rename the stubborn dimension.