PDA

View Full Version : Color Fill in Section views

jguycote
2008-04-18, 11:42 PM
According to the Help file, Revit 2009 allows display of Area color fills in section views. I was able to display Room color fills, but not Areas. Is this really a new feature or is it an error in the Help file? If it is a feature, how does it work?

Thank you

jeffh
2008-04-18, 11:52 PM
Room volumes have to be turned on for the project. then a color fill can be applied to a section view. Of course your visibility and graphics has to be set to show the color fill as well.

jguycote
2008-04-19, 02:12 AM
Rooms in section are not a problem, I am talking about Areas (as in Area plans)

Extract from the Help file:
"You can now apply color schemes to section views (in addition to plan views). In Revit Architecture, this feature applies to rooms and areas."

I cannot get it to work with Areas.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-19, 03:22 AM
If I understand you well, you want to see the Area (like Room 1: 1250 SF, for instance) in section views too, the same way you see it with area plans, isn't it?

So if you added your rooms, while in section just select Room tag, make sure it is the type Room tag with area and tag your room in section. It will display the room name and the room area as well.

The color fills can be generated using color scheme.

Andre Carvalho

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-04-19, 04:25 AM
I believe it must be a typo in the help file.
Unlike room objects, which are 3D volumetric objects, areas are 2D and therefore it would be impossible for Revit to figure out exactly what their vertical aspect is.
This functionality is available for the new MEP spaces and zones.