PDA

View Full Version : windows accessories

Wagurto
2008-04-20, 11:46 PM
What would it be the best approach to add windows accesories to a window. I need to have the option to add a stucco band around the window or a window shutters or a key stone sill. I can have those created with the window but I'll end with a extensive list of windows style. Is there any way to add those as an option to the window so I can turn them of or on as require? or may a wall family that can recognize the window location? thanks for the pointers.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-21, 04:26 PM
What would it be the best approach to add windows accesories to a window. I need to have the option to add a stucco band around the window or a window shutters or a key stone sill. I can have those created with the window but I'll end with a extensive list of windows style. Is there any way to add those as an option to the window so I can turn them of or on as require? or may a wall family that can recognize the window location? thanks for the pointers.

You can have these accessories as separated families and nested into your main window family. You can work with visibility to turn them ON or OFF and you can use the Family Type parameter to use different families. If you have different types for key stone sill, for instance, you can have them as different families and then switch the families with the Family type parameter.

Andre Carvalho

Wagurto
2008-04-21, 05:41 PM
Thanks Andre I'll give a try.