PDA

View Full Version : New Release thoughts

gwnelson
2008-04-22, 09:13 PM
The cycle of the usual product includes celebration & relaxation upon completion. Consider, however, our guys at the Factory: hype & anticipation as the product release date nears and then when it actually emerges they all have to hit the foxholes. Surrounded by what was until recently an appreciative audience, they now have to disconnect their home phones and take to the mattresses.

Let's give them all the credit they deserve for producing this latest product. It is an improvement and I'm sure that whatever blemishes we find today will be soon remedied.

This occurs to me as I now work within 2009 for a whole week. All of the fire from the first days of the release have died down. Most of my issues have faded away as the program appears to become more comfortable with the hardware (and maybe me, too - I can be a tough nut to crack).

I'd have to conclude that I'm satisfied that I have a viable product that will serve me as a valuable tool in the pursuit of my business.

Factory guys & girls - take this weekend off. You all deserve it.

sfaust
2008-04-22, 11:58 PM
THANK YOU for posting this! Good to hear that someone else is happy! Ok, that's not fair, there are several, but I've heard more griping than I ever cared to, so thanks to the factory!

mlgatzke
2008-04-23, 03:28 AM
I agree. The Factory works their butts off on each and every release, trying to make it the very best they can. 2009 is a MAJOR release that came from a total rewrite of a lot of a heck of a lot of code. Granted, things change from release to release, but I have never failed to be impressed by the forethought and thoroughness that the Factory exhibits in each and every release. There is NO way that they are EVER going to be able to please all of the users. That's to be expected. The goal is to keep making Revit a better and better platform. The factory isn't going to be able to do it all in one release (or even a few releases). The Factory is a GREAT bunch of people and have earned my perpetual appreciation and sincerest thanks.

Wes Macaulay
2008-04-23, 04:42 AM
I have to agree. This is a major release that brings all kinds of requested features, and even while I have been telling people to hold off while the view performance is looked at, it's still a great release.

Thanks to Ilya, Tamas, the Scotts :mrgreen:, and everyone else working so hard to bring us this release.

studiodd
2008-04-23, 07:59 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ivan

dazza163968596
2008-04-23, 11:25 AM
Despite what I may say to the contrary when frustrated, this is a great release and the factory have done an amazing job. Yes, there are teething problems and some omissions due to time constraints, but overall thank you & well done. I hope the next release will be an equal step forward in terms of features, if not, a release that concentrates on improving existing stuff would be equally welcome.

Mike Sealander
2008-04-23, 11:59 AM
Bottom line: I'm at least 50% faster in all phases of architecture with Revit than with ACAD.