PDA

View Full Version : need advice on Max purchase

vanderloo5
2008-04-22, 09:54 PM
Can someone summarize for me why I may want max design 09 over max 09? My intentions are pretty much limited to architectural rendering at this point. I am an autocad architecture 09 user. Ready go hard & heavy on learning. Pardon my ignorance if that is the case but haven't I heard thet the lighting analysis feature of max design can be used for LEED certification purposes. That would be a big plus for me as I am in the process of certification in green building. I guess thre aren't any price breaks for ACA subscription members? And finally, what is the price differrence between the 2. I've been quoted 4k for a subscriptio copy of 3ds max 09. Hope I can do better but not seeing it anywhere??
Thank You,
Phil

Steve_Bennett
2008-04-23, 06:45 PM
Can someone summarize for me why I may want max design 09 over max 09? My intentions are pretty much limited to architectural rendering at this point. I am an autocad architecture 09 user. Ready go hard & heavy on learning. Pardon my ignorance if that is the case but haven't I heard thet the lighting analysis feature of max design can be used for LEED certification purposes. That would be a big plus for me as I am in the process of certification in green building.
Max classic will have the SDK and Max Design will not.
Max Design has Lighting analysis and Exposure and Max classic does not.

I guess thre aren't any price breaks for ACA subscription members?
Not that I'm aware of - not even for Revit. The only break is if you are already on subscription for VIZ or MAX.

And finally, what is the price difference between the 2. I've been quoted 4k for a subscription copy of 3ds max 09. Hope I can do better but not seeing it anywhere??
Thank You,
Phil
That's sounds about right for a new seat on subscription.

Andre Baros
2008-04-24, 05:42 PM
In addition, the UI is different for each and the tutorials and sample files are tailored to each market. Unline Viz, Max Design is the same code as Max Classic it just looks different.