PDA

View Full Version : 2009 colour fill not printing as 2008

gordolake
2008-04-23, 02:56 AM
I have an upgraded project, area plan view with colour fill underneath a floor plan view on a sheet that printed o.k. in 2008, i.e. colour showed through, now in 2009 color fill is obscured.

I have tried to replace views on sheet and swap order and change area plan to wire frame etc,, no luck yet.

Any ides would be appreciated.

Steve

gordolake
2008-04-27, 11:35 PM
Has anyone else seen this issue? Is it just with upgraded projects? How do you get area color fill views to print as underlay with floor plans views on a sheet.

thanks
Steve

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-28, 01:21 AM
Have you tried setting Revit 2009 to print as Raster rather than Vector?

Andre Carvalho

gordolake
2008-04-28, 02:15 AM
Hi thanks Andre for your intrest. Yes I have tried raster, but no good. The preview button shows it not working either as it did in 2008, i.e. floor plan not obscuring the color fill.

Just tried same in default 2009 template and it doesnt work as 2008 (see screen shot of 2008 )
Is there a way to get this to work again?

Steve

gbrowne
2008-04-29, 12:22 PM
Haven't started using 2009, but have you tried turning floors off? They hid colour fills previously..

Scott D Davis
2008-04-29, 04:37 PM
The option for color fills to display in the foreground or background was moved to View properties in 2009. It was in the Edit Color Scheme dialog box in 2008.

gordolake
2008-04-30, 12:49 AM
Hi Scott, and thanks for the reply.

I did notice that this foreground background option was there, but it seems to makes no difference in overcoming the problem I have.

The work around for me at the moment is to hide (element ) the floors in the floor plan view that covers the color fills (loose floor patterns) or change the floor plan view to wire frame, (not the greatest fix)

I do remember some similar issue with previous version upgrades where the behaviour of color fills was changed, anyway I will persevere and see what else others are doing.
I thought this method was standard for getting colored plans, and am surprised no one else is seeing it. :?

mruehr
2008-04-30, 08:05 AM
colour fill underneath a floor plan view on a sheet

This made me thinking why, are you using rooms for your colorfill or
aeraplans and overlay them on the sheet ?

Scott D Davis
2008-04-30, 03:06 PM
Ah, just re-read your original post. You are overlaying two views to get this result? You have an area plan with color fills overlayed on a sheet with a floor plan over the top? Are you using Color Fill Legends or are you just using your own fill patterns to produce the color?

gordolake
2008-05-01, 03:03 AM
Yes Scott, that is correct , using two views area plan underneath floor plan to produce coloured floor plan sheet and also gives me a schedule of gross floor areas for existing, proposed & deck, patio, verandah, garage areas - all coloured nicely on a sheet with the schedule. (well it did in 2008 ).

I don't really want to schedule every room as it doesn't include walls in the areas, this has not been my work flow in the past. Anyway thanks for your query.

Steve