PDA

View Full Version : wall sweeps not always cutting joined walls

chris.macko125036
2008-04-23, 06:57 PM
I'm working on a warehouse project right now with precast exterior walls. certain interior spaces have insulated metal liner panels with concrete curbs at the base that I am using a sweep for. The weird thing that's happening is when I make the wall and join it to the precast wall, everything cleans up and doors cut like they should, but as soon as I touch anything on the metal wall, the curb sweep becomes continous through all the openings. The wall itself still cuts properly. Some of the areas where this is an issue include lots of dock doors, so I'd like to avoid creating them as individual sweeps if possible.
has anyone run into this before?

patricks
2008-04-23, 07:19 PM
Can you post an image and/or a piece of the project in a Revit file?

Are the curb sweeps in one of the wall types? Or is it just a wall-hosted sweep, and if so which wall or wall edge is hosting the sweep?

chris.macko125036
2008-04-23, 07:47 PM
the curbs are part of the wall type. here's how it looks when first created(right) and after you try to edit it. both images show 1 continuous wall highlighted in red.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-23, 08:06 PM
Which wall is hosting the doors? Is the one with the sweep on it? Is your sweep set to cuttable?

Andre Carvalho

chris.macko125036
2008-04-23, 08:12 PM
the doors are hosted in the exterior concrete wall and the sweeps part of the inner metal wall. they are set to cuttable and cuts wall, but I've tried both of those boxes checked and unchecked and there is no change. I have other interior walls with the same sweep that host doors and cut like they should. this condition only occurs in parts of the building and the metal wall is not the same height as the exterior wall. creating a bunch of different walls types for all the conditions would be a lot of extra work at this point.

patricks
2008-04-23, 08:37 PM
What if the concrete curb was hosted by the pre-cast wall instead of the metal liner panel wall?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-23, 08:41 PM
What if the concrete curb was hosted by the pre-cast wall instead of the metal liner panel wall?

Or the door hosted by the wall that hosts the sweep. That's why I asked which wall hosts the openings. I think that will make the "Cuttable" option work the same way it works on your interior walls that you said are working fine.

Andre Carvalho

chris.macko125036
2008-04-23, 08:49 PM
both of those ways would work, but only some of the concrete walls have the metal liner, and then only some of those metal walls have the curb, so making the sweep part of the concrete doesn't make sense. If I hosted the door in the metal wall it would move in behind the concrete wall. they are dock doors with leveler pits, seals, and bumpers that wouldn't line up right in section. I was trying to find a way to not add a bunch of new wall types and stacked walls. maybe I'll just leave all the curb sweeps off and make them as wall-hosted families. one more bug for revit I guess

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-24, 03:36 AM
...maybe I'll just leave all the curb sweeps off and make them as wall-hosted families...

You can also create in-place voids to cut them.

Andre Carvalho