PDA

View Full Version : Project Standards and Project Navigator

burchd
2008-04-23, 10:11 PM
I have implimented project standards with project navigator and its working great. changes to AEC objects in the standards file are moving forward into the indivitual drawings where they are used. Display configurations update, and everything is groovy.

EXCEPT that when you save and exit the drawing, a dialog box pops up informing you that there is a difference from the AEC objects and the standards. see the attached graphic...

This is all set to automatic, and what seems to happen is changed entities in the standards file, get pussed down to the drawing that is opened. Then, when i save/close the drawing, this dialog box popps up and says that the status on the objects is Newer Version, but the action is Do not update Project. selecting OK here achieves the result. In this drawing, the wall style p08 Stud M-152 is the same as the standard, and does not need to be updated.

It would be great for this only to show up when there was something different in the drawing from the Standard, and not bother the user with a problem that doesnt exist.

I find that even if an AEC component has been changed on the drawing, the settings here do not change, or give any indication of which style changed.

Is there some setting to change this to show only style changes that do not match the standard? Possibly im doing something wrong also.

thankyou in advance

chris.153150
2008-12-03, 10:21 PM
I am afraid that I do not have an answer for you, but I was hoping that you might be able to tell me what kind of file to use in order to start a Standards file. I know that it is an Acad file, but is there an out of the box styles drawing that could be a useful start? Sorry I couldn't help?