PDA

View Full Version : Get More RPC

iankids
2008-04-24, 11:00 PM
Hi All,

In the rendering tab of the options there is a button "Get More RPC" having clicked it, it took me to http://www.archvision.com/revit/2009/

Has anyone subscribed?

Is it worthwhile?

Cheers,

Ian

ws
2008-04-25, 07:38 AM
At our training day with the reseller on RAC 2009 yesterday they showed us more RPC content as they have a subscription.

The cars were excellent - and we worked out how to replace the default VW Beetle in plan view with the geometry from the RPC so that all hidden line views matched the rendered RPC.

The content supplied with RAC 2009 seems much improved - the trees are particularly useful.

Our trainer told us that you could drop extra RPC content into the supplied RAC 2009 folder (its in a Program Files sub-folder) and after a restart, Revit would 'see' the content and automatically add it to the library.

I was thinking of trying the 14 day trial to see if some more European looking trees were available.

We were told it was around $500 a year for an unlimited subscription.

still.james
2008-04-25, 11:26 AM
re adding content to the library, do you have any more information about how to do it, and where in the library the added files would show.

ws
2008-04-25, 12:42 PM
If installed to the default drive then the RPCs should be in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2009\Data\Rendering\assetlibrary_base.fbm\RPCs

From what I saw yesterday you should be able to just add more RPCs to this folder and they will appear in the Revit list of available RPCs.

aaronrumple
2008-04-25, 01:23 PM

The $500 is per seat.

ws
2008-04-25, 02:05 PM
$349 if you have the 'standard' option, which I think would be enough for Revit use.

That gives you people, trees and cars - but the range of trees is a bit limited in the bundle deals -although there is a separate European trees volume listed at $30 a tree, but it isn't clear if all RPC content works within Revit (I assume it does?).

The Archvision website is very confusing - I do not understand yet how the reseller had the additional RPC content outside of the ACM licence folder - unless an Ultimate License allows this?

I'll look further into this over the weekend maybe :roll: ;)

still.james
2008-04-25, 03:13 PM
$349 if you have the 'standard' option, which I think would be enough for Revit use.

That gives you people, trees and cars - but the range of trees is a bit limited in the bundle deals -although there is a separate European trees volume listed at $30 a tree, but it isn't clear if all RPC content works within Revit (I assume it does?).

The Archvision website is very confusing - I do not understand yet how the reseller had the additional RPC content outside of the ACM licence folder - unless an Ultimate License allows this?

I'll look further into this over the weekend maybe :roll: ;)

im glad im not the only one who was lost trying to understand the site

dfriesen
2008-04-25, 08:29 PM
As has been mentioned, that's $500 per user that will be rendering. If someone else needs to render, you need to shut down Revit before the next machine will render (without watermarks). And if you let the license lapse, you'll get the watermark on all RPCs that you've downloaded.

(Just so you understand the licensing)

patricks
2008-04-25, 08:54 PM
How does it do that? What if the content is stored on a central server where we have all of our content saved?

dfriesen
2008-04-25, 09:02 PM
The RPC manager is installed on the server, along with a central location for RPCs. Revit is then configured (in the Rendering tab of the Options, under ArchVision Content Manager Location) to point to the IP of the server.

As soon as you access any of the downloaded RPCs, including just opening a file where an RPC has been placed, the manager assigns a license to that workstation, and it is locked to it until Revit is shut down. I haven't found any way to relinquish a license without closing Revit.

I couldn't find this degree of detailed information before we paid our $500 subscription, so we're thinking we'll use this subscription to decide which RPCs or libraries to purchase outright.

ws
2008-04-25, 09:16 PM
Ah, so you can purchase RPCs outright then?

I must have another look at their website.

Thanks.