PDA

View Full Version : Linework Tool

Brandon_Pike
2008-04-25, 04:33 PM
This may be something simple that I am missing but...why is it when I use the linework tool (in section or elevation what have you) that the blue grips only appear on some lines and not others? This almost seems random...like I said hopefully it is some simple step in the methodology that I am missing.

Thanks,

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-25, 04:44 PM
I think, in section, when the line is being cut you can't see the blue dot. If the lines are in projection, you can.

Andre Carvalho

Brandon_Pike
2008-04-25, 04:46 PM
So does this mean that the length of lines being overridden in section cannot be adjusted?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-25, 04:55 PM
Well if you hit tab when using the linework tool in a line that has been cut, you can select either the cut line (no blue dots) or the projection of that line (then you have the blue dots). However, the projection is behind the cut line itself....

A workaround would be changing the cut line override for that view to be thiner and then using the linework tool to pick the projection line and try work that way. But if you will be doing that, maybe it is easier just to use detail lines over the section istelf...

Andre Carvalho

Kevin Janik
2008-04-25, 09:28 PM
Is there a way to do linework on the face of walls in plan and get the blue dots. It does not seem to work there.

Kevin

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-26, 04:45 PM
Is there a way to do linework on the face of walls in plan and get the blue dots. It does not seem to work there.

Kevin

Kevin,

I think the short answer is no. But if for some reason you really need to do that, you can always override the cut lines to show thiner and then work with detail lines. You will have then the blue dots.

Andre Carvalho

Kevin Janik
2008-04-27, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Kevin