PDA

View Full Version : Troubles Upgrading Model: 2008-->2009

etboards17
2008-04-25, 05:42 PM
I have tried two methods:

One, trying to open the 2008 model directly in 2009.
I get these error messages:

- Can't divide Curtain Grid by Grid Line.
- Data in file Materilized Search Engine-Mod.rvt is corrupt and needs to be manually recovered.

Two, also tried to open a default project and import a revit link.
I get these error messages:

-Can't load Linked File C:\Method Research 04-02-08\Studio\Revit Model\Materialized Search Engine-Mod.rvt due to errors. Open it separately to investigate the problem.
-Data in file Materilized Search Engine-Mod.rvt is corrupt and needs to be manually recovered.

The model still works in 2008.. I want to use 2009 to utlize Mental Ray. What would you do?

dbaldacchino
2008-04-25, 05:47 PM
send it to support....I did a couple of hours ago :) I didn't get those errors but I was prompted to fix a bunch of errors and I had to delete geometry, which i cannot afford to do obviously.

etboards17
2008-04-25, 06:30 PM
After concentrating a bit, I figured I would go through and find the complex curtain wall the program was having a hard time dealing with.

I ended up having to delete 8 curtain wall systems that I simply applied by face on a massing element. So, there really was no loss since re-applying the systems to the mass is pretty easy.

The model is now in 2009 and I have not seen any issues with the complex geometry I have modeled yet. I jumped right into a camera view. Learned some simple rendering tech and now I am waiting for the render to finish.

I have some questions about Daylight Portals, but I will search first and start a new thread.

etboards17
2008-04-26, 05:17 AM
Well. The trouble is still present.

The curtain systems I had to delete were due to this error:

" Can't divide Curtain Grid by Grid Line."

The way I made these curtain systems were pretty simple.

In Rev 2008: I had a massing surface imported as an SAT from ADT. I used the massing tool>roof by face and was able to scale the surface in plan using the edge grips to the exact size needed. Once that was complete I converted the generic roof to sloped glazing. In 2008, this was perfect because I could add and customize the grid layout.

In 2009 I can get as far as converting the generic roof to sloped glazing, but I can not add a single grid line, nor can I even use the properties to populate the field with a grid.... Whether I place a grid line, or attempt to specify a fixed distance grid layout I get this error: Can't divide Curtain Grid by Grid Line. What does that mean?

I need this to work. What would you do? And why is it different between 2008 and 2009 like this?