PDA

View Full Version : DWF writer: Custom Sheet size

MikeJarosz
2004-09-08, 06:02 PM
I'm archiving the schematic design issue of my project in DWF format. The Revit sheet size is not standard - 36x60. The DWF writer doesn't offer that size and I couldn't find how to customize a sheet. I was forced to print 50% onto 36x48.

Any suggestions?

chukarov
2004-09-08, 08:12 PM
I’m not sure if it ‘s going to work but it seems to me if you modify title block to desired dimension and select “PostScript Custom Page Size” as paper size it may do the trick.

jagostinho
2014-03-06, 12:48 PM
facing the same problem, 10 years after this post!
AH AH AH

still no solution to add a Custom DWF sheet size?

MikeJarosz
2014-03-06, 04:04 PM
10 years ago - and I'm still here. Sounds like a Sondheim lyric.

I vaguely recall what this was about. That date can only be the schematic design of the World Trade Center, which was done in Acad. I couldn't mention that in my post because we had strict non-disclosure agreements. We were drawing the entire 16 acre site which required the 36 x 60 format. Libeskind was still on the scene. He wanted the tower over here, and David Childs wanted it over there, so we couldn't narrow the tower site down to less than the full 16 acres. Eventually we struck a deal with Autodesk to convert the project to Revit, and the Libeskind site was chosen as the final tower location, so we archived the Acad stuff and jumped into Revit head first. (A very one sided version of this drama can be found in Libeskind's memoir Breaking Ground.)

Hence, my question about archiving 36 x 60!

jagostinho
2014-03-06, 04:45 PM
Nice story.
The backstage memoires of WTC.