PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Hide Elements in Sketch Mode

steve.70285
2008-04-26, 06:43 PM
I think in Revit 6 or 7 the factory introduced the temporary hide tool, back then I was able to use this command while working within the sketch editor. This tool has been disabled within sketch mode for every release since.

I sure miss it.

DoTheBIM
2008-04-28, 01:18 PM
I never had the pleasure of using it in 7 but there's been many of time that I sure wish I could have the ability to do that.

aspy
2008-04-28, 02:01 PM
why would they do such a thing? is this some new thing adesk is doing? takeway features instead of adding them. thats crazy

patricks
2008-04-28, 03:22 PM
To be able to temporarily hide something (the sunglasses button at the bottom), you have to be able to select it. You can't select other items while in sketch mode, and I do not ever recall being able to do so (I started on Revit in 6.1).

So I'm not sure how the feature worked that you're referring to.

The sunglasses icon appeared at the bottom along with the other buttons in either 7 or 8. Before that, I think you had to use menu commends or keyboard shortcuts.

steve.70285
2008-04-29, 05:23 PM
patricks, This is going back awhile and I've been using Revit since 5.0 but I did go back and I found the the hide/isolate command in 6.1 (I don't think it was in 6.0) it was under View>Hide/Isolate and also the sunglasses but in the top menu.

When selected it gave us a popup window that while displayed we could select any object - even in sketch mode, and then we had the ability to hide or isolate them.

Once 7.0 came out the sunglasses were on the bottom and we lost the popup menu so nothing could be selected once in sketch mode.

So, rather then disabled I'm thinking it was changed to act differently than what I had become used to.